Anyway you can cut down on launching programs is valuable time saved during your working day.
XStart is one of the simplest program launchers you'll ever use that at the same time speeds up your launch time without being fussy to setup. XStart is a solid alternative to Windows Start Menu although due to improvements in Vista, it's probably more useful to XP users. The program provides a convenient access point to reach all of your favourite programs, shortcuts, folders, documents and websites. You can create custom groups which means you can create groups of programs that you use according to type e.g. work, social, media etc. There are a limited but attractive number of themes to choose from and you'll notice a distinct decrease in the amount of time it takes you to open and close programs. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that programs will always start quickly - if you've got too many temporary files or you haven't defragged your drive, you won't notice much difference.
If you're looking for an easy way to increase your productivity and program startup times, then XStart is limited but easy option.
- Added Hungarian language
- Added support for 120 DPI screen resolution
- Added support for screen desktop extension
- Added workaround to change the folder icon on Vista (MS bug)
- Fixed the update checking (broken on XStart 2.3)
- Build a more reliable installer & uninstaller package
- Others code and functionality improvement